My apologies for the disappearing act recently… The last few weeks have been busy as we wind down the end of summer. There was a glimpse of some fall weather and now we appear to be warming up again. Summer was nice (a little too warm this year for my liking), but I have to say I am looking forward to the change in season. While it still isn’t officially fall yet, I thought I would share a few of my fall favorites.
- Honeycrisp apples – I eat one almost every day when they are in season!
- Cider donuts – the perfect treat at an orchard
- Leaves changing colors – I love the rich fall colors
- Sunny days and cool nights – use mother nature for air conditioning!
- Curling up with a hot cup of tea and a good book (honestly, this is really a year-round favorite, but hot tea is more appealing with the cooler weather)
- Wearing light sweaters and lots of layers
- The feeling of a “fresh start” with the beginning of the school year. It provides a good opportunity to think about goals and plans for the remainder of the year.
- Long walks with the leaves crunching beneath your feet
- Bonfires glowing in the cool night air