In honor of Earth Day, I thought I would share some of my favorite ways (and products) to be a little more “green”.
- R, R, R (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) – need I say more?
- Donating – I love when you can give something away that someone can use
- BYOB… water bottle (at work, travel, etc)
- BYOB… bags (reusable) for shopping
- Save scraps – you know that extra white space when you print something out and only need half of the sheet of paper? I have a basket of “scrap” paper from things I’ve printed and blank sides of envelopes from mail – they work great for quick notes or lists.
- Books – go to your local library or visit used bookstores. Books can be passed along to new owners/readers
- Use leftover water – we save and use the leftover water from glasses at mealtime and in water bottles for watering plants
- Light bulbs – we’ve switched over all of our bulbs in our house to LED or CFL bulbs.
- Method – love the hand soaps, all-purpose cleaners and Steel for Real
- Seventh Generation
- Clorox Green Works
- Mrs. Meyers
- Avalon Organics
- Dr. Bronner’s
What are some ideas or tips you have for being “green”?